Last night in improv class we worked on some really fun skills.
- We learned how to be absurd – linking things that had nothing to do with each other.
- And how to play it straight.
- No matter what the absurd person said it made sense.
I thought I would enjoy being the absurd person more.
- Love letting my creativity fly.
- Seeing how much I can push filters down.
- Just let the words come out of my mouth.
Playing the straight person was actually a bigger challenge.
- I couldn’t break character to laugh at the outlandish comments.
- Had to think fast on my feet to produce a logical explanation.
- And add something to the conversation to move it ahead.
We got to practice both roles.
- The jury is out on which role I prefer.
- I’m not sure if I have to commit to one for my improv brand.
- Or can simply play based on what comes up.
I’ll confess I’m giggling that I even wrote about having an improv brand.
- It’s a bit too soon to lock down on much of anything.
- Aside from being brilliant most of the time, of course. 😉
- (Insert more giggling.)
What are you doing that makes you giggle – even the next day?