I flew a lot last week.
- Often tired.
- Wishing I could just beam myself to the next location.
Until I went to the bathroom in one of the planes.
- I sat down.
- Looked to the right.
- And started to laugh.
The 10 year old in me was totally delighted!
- Never noticed that warning before.
- Was it true?
- I debated whether to give it a try or not.
Visions of options flew through my mind.
- If I stay seated would I go flying in space?
- Be soaked with everything in the tank instead?
- Giggled so loudly I’m sure they heard me in first class too!
Scrambled through my clothes for my phone for a photo.
- Inquiring minds want to know!
- Giggle. Giggle.
What would you do? Flush seated or obey the sticker?
Today was a doozy.
- Emotions flying high thanks to the inauguration.
- Updates every where you turn.
- Easy to get lost in the wild ride of passion.
With days like this, joy still matters.
- While you may not feel joyful about the big picture.
- You can still find joy in the moments.
- This kind of joy helps you to ground yourself.
For me, it was a chain of little things.
- I finally ordered some shoes I wanted and saved an extra $20 due to taking action today.
- Thanks to a new service offered by Sprint, my phone now works in Mexico and Canada for free.
- And the nice customer service rep walked me through adjusting my phone settings to make everything work.
James was also a big part of my joy moments today.
- He edited an article I wrote.
- Ran to the store to get me some food for my week on the road.
- Making my way-too-early departure tomorrow as easy as possible.
All of these little moments of joy, gave my body some relief – and kept overwhelm at bay.
What kind of joy moments did you notice today?
Some times, all you need to do to stop the crazy is take a breath. Look around with fresh eyes. Notice the love and joy already in your life.
What have you been not seeing in front of you today?