Sunday morning I was a nervous wreck.
- Not because of a speaking engagement.
- I love speaking – it’s a true high for me.
- It was more.
I tested my wings in ways never done before.
- I formally auditioned for a spot in an improv troupe.
- Comedy auditions were new to me.
- (Sure I tried out for a competitive spot in a choir ensemble in 10th grade – only a few years ago – this was different!)
I had no idea what would happen.
- They asked us to be prepared to stay for three hours.
- To do scenes with people I had never met.
- And who knows what?
Thankfully one of my class troupe members was also trying out.
- Although we did nothing together.
- It was calming to have him there.
- Helped me get in my normal space.
I rocked the audition.
- Felt good in my skin.
- Was super responsive to people.
- Played all in – totally bold.
(Drum roll please…) A few minutes ago I officially accepted a spot on the Ann Arbor Civic Theater Mid-Form Improv troupe!
- The coach plans to get us out performing as much as possible.
- (Yes, we use a sexier name for the troupe in public.)
- Can’t wait to start!
I’m beyond excited.
Going swing from the chandelier for a while – until it’s time to do my Powerful Woman Group Coaching session this afternoon!
How are you taking risks to bring more joy in your life?