Went down to the beach to watch the sunset.
- Noticed a good-sized wedding.
- Taking place in the back of the beach.
- How lovely.
I walked to water’s edge.
- Joined a small crowd of folks.
- Happy to end the day in beauty.
- Sat down and started to relax.
Unfortunately the bride had other ideas...
- She wanted wedding shots on the water’s edge.
- Right in front of me.
- Friends and family blocking my sunset view.
They stormed into the midst of my happy space.
- Kicked sand in my face.
- Positioned themselves with total disregard for the rest of us.
- Focused on their photos.
I moved several feet down the beach.
- To get away from them.
- And reclaim my nirvana.
- They followed me.
I’m a fan of true love and beautiful pictures.
- Rudeness – not so much.
- No apologies offered for ruining my view.
- Either time.
It was an unnecessarily frustrating end to a long day.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…are you aware of the impact your actions have on others in your chapter?