Decided to cook dinner.
- In rental unit kitchenette.
- Got fresh meat.
- Heated my pan.
Tossed the meat in right after a little oil.
- Smoke started to billow immediately.
- No fire.
- But lots of smoke.
Turned down the heat.
- It was too late.
- The kitchen became as smokey as a bar after midnight.
- It was hard to breathe and to see.
I opened the windows.
- Turned on the ceiling fan.
- Swung the front door back and forth.
- The room stayed dark with smoke – no matter what I did.
I went to pull my hair in frustration.
- And discovered my sunglasses on my face.
- I thought my contacts were out and I was wearing my normal glasses.
Removed the sunglasses and saw a fairly smoke-free room.
Makes me think of chapter leader…What gets in the way of you seeing issues clearly?
Filed under: Strategic Thinking