For the day.
Three months ago my trainer Mollie issued me a challenge.
- To work out at the beach guys’ lifting gym.
- The next time I was at a beach.
- Today is the day.
I woke early this morning.
- Sick to my stomach.
- My nerves jangled.
- My workout scheduled for early afternoon.
As the morning progressed, it got worse.
- I studied the workout Mollie gave me.
- Practiced the moves as if at the gym.
- Nothing helped.
My productivity was shot.
- Decided to hit the gym early.
- Walked through the Beach Bods gym doors with knees shaking.
- And pretended like I belonged.
The staff person on duty was welcoming.
- The gym was small.
- He still gave me a tour.
- No kettlebells or medicine balls to be found.
I strategized some modifications.
- And started my workout.
- I relaxed as soon as I started lifting weights.
- With 100% concentration, the rest of the world faded away.
I completed the workout.
- It was hard.
- Some of the machines were different and felt a little weird.
- Couldn’t wait to text Mollie!
Oh yeah… I held my own with the Beach Bods people today!
Makes me think of chapter leaders…how do you conquer your personal roadblocks?