Sunday was supposed to be the big day.
- Running my first 5K.
- Trained for weeks to get ready.
- Dreams crushed last week by a cracked toe.
Never thought about rain.
- Did my training on a track in the gym.
- Was going to do four runs outside before the race.
- To get used to pounding on cement.
Not sure I would have run that morning.
- Was it safe to run in a storm?
- Would my contacts stay in my eyes?
- Did runners wear raincoats?
Wow – I wasn’t really prepared for the race.
- My training had focused on me
- Ignored the big picture of what could be.
- No plans for potential challenges.
What an eye-opener!
Makes me think of chapter leaders…how do you keep your eye on the big picture as you do your volunteer work?
Filed under: Strategic Thinking