This past weekend, my life took an unexpected turn.
- Playing with Raindrop.
- Slammed into a box of books at full speed run.
- Oh the pain!
My heart sank with the doctor’s verdict.
- I cracked a toe.
- Will take 4-6 weeks to heal.
- No more running for now.
I had been secretly planning to run my first 5K next weekend.
- Training like a fool.
- Over the top excited.
- My dreams of glory fizzled.
Sure I know this is just a set back.
- But it feels more like a decision point.
- Two roads diverged in the woods.
- I took the path…
In my sadness and forced lack of movement, old habits raise challengingly.
- How will I lose weight if I can’t workout?
- Can I really eat to keep the fires burning.
- So many goal dates are going to be messed up, who cares what I do?
I’m having a pity party – and I know it.
- The choice should be easy.
- This is simply a little challenge.
- So many believe in me…
The sunny optimist in me is just a little smothered at the moment.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…how do you keep going when it’s easier to stop?