Have you ever felt totally misunderstood?
- Blamed for bad when trying to do good?
- Acting with best of intentions and accused of being wrong?
- That’s me.
Mom blames me for not getting any Easter candy yesterday.
- Says the Easter Bunny is mad.
- Because I ate her babies.
- Thus no chocolate on the kitchen table.
That’s not what happened.
- I was outside with GiGi.
- We were patrolling to keep the family safe.
- We came across the bunny nest.
Mom has been trying to get more fit.
- Chocolate is not on her eating plan.
- Easter was coming.
- I needed to take action to keep the Easter Bunny away.
Decided to relocate the babies.
- Picked up the first baby in my mouth.
- GiGi asked me a question.
- I shook my head no – and the baby died.
Feeling bad, I put the body down to get the other baby.
- Gently put it in my mouth and was ready to move.
- Saw that ding dong GiGi rolling all over the other baby’s body.
- I barked for her to stop and accidentally swallowed the second baby.
Remember I was just trying to help Mom.
- Instead I threw up.
- Got yelled at.
- And made fun of on Facebook by Mom.
I had good intentions – my actions didn’t tell the story properly to Mom.
As Mom always says, makes me think of chapter leaders…do you try to see issues from other points of view before assigning blame?