While in Colorado Springs this week, I went horseback riding.
- For first time since age 15.
- I couldn’t do it two years ago at my heavy weight.
- Decided to celebrate fitter me with a ride.
The drive up was breathtaking.
- And scary.
- Only banks of dirt to keep us on the windy mountain road.
- Ended around 9,000 feet altitude.
We arrived at the Broadmoor Stables early.
- Greeted by some adorable dogs.
- And a warning.
- If I die on the horse, it’s my fault.
My horse was named Thor.
- He was huge.
- And had red hair like me.
- It was a sign we were meant to be together.
To my delight, I got on Thor with no problem.
- Our guide Jeff, taught me how to steer Thor.
- And away we went.
- Up the mountain trails.
The view was breathtaking.
- Thor and I were a great team.
- Even better – it was a pretty pain-free ride.
- (Thanks to Mollie and the gazillion squats she’s made me do this year.)
My heart sang with joy as I rode the mountain trails celebrating the fitter me.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…how do you celebrate progress in your chapter?