Today I got a message on LinkedIn.
- From someone I didn’t know.
- Inviting me an upcoming chapter meeting.
- Offering to get me in at the member price.
I first read the invite on my phone.
- I was intrigued.
- It was a chapter I considered exploring in the past.
- How nice of this person to ask me!
Then I got on my computer…
- Saw the rest of the story.
- This wasn’t a personal message to me.
- It was a cattle call of names.
My excitement fizzled.
- The program looked just okay.
- Located on the other side of Metro Detroit.
- A two-hour drive during rush hour.
If a personal invite, maybe I’d go – but as a generic outreach, not worth attending.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…do you personally reach out to potential guests?
Filed under: Recruiting New Members