Last August (six months ago) I was nervous…
- I had signed up to walk a 5K in September.
- Wasn’t sure I could finish.
- Had never walked that far before.
Today, for the first time in my life, I ran two miles.
- Using a run/walk pace.
- Slow as molasses.
- But I did it!
Six months ago, I was confident running was beyond me.
- And thought a person crazy for suggesting I should try.
- How far I’ve come!
- How big I’m smiling!
It was a hard for me to learn to stop limiting myself.
- I was used to living a in carefully defined world.
- Not athletic.
- Built with long-time rules.
When I let go, the magic started.
- My fitness quest has been an amazing journey.
- With side trips, distractions and life challenging my commitment.
- I still have a long ways to go.
If hadn’t taken the first leap of faith, I would still be a couch potato today.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…what’s the leap of faith you need to make to take you a stronger leader?