Last Friday James and I attended our first Michigan Women’s Gymnastics meet.
- It was our first live competition.
- We’ve watched the Olympics through the years.
- Thought it would be fun to see in person.
We were a bit lost at first.
- College meets don’t run exactly like Olympic coverage.
- Numbers were everywhere.
- So were the athletes.
We spent the first half of the meet trying to decode the event.
- How did the meet run?
- Where should we look to catch the action?
- How did the scores work?
The people around us were clueless first-timers too.
- We all took took best guesses.
- Desperately needed a tip sheet for total enjoyment.
- Hope to do better next time.
The athletes were still amazing to watch!
Makes me think of chapter leaders…Who helps your first-timers understand what’s going on at your chapter meetings?
Filed under: Recruiting New Members