Just called the headquarters of an organization.
- I have been a member for years.
- A local leader.
- And good member – not a pain in the you know where.
I had an idea I thought could help.
- Was willing to invest some time.
- Give a big boost up.
- Make a difference in a cool way.
The senior staff who answered the phone was not impressed.
- In fact she hated my idea.
- Lectured me about why it was bad.
- I was almost evil for suggesting it.
I’m okay with the idea rejection.
- It happens.
- Wrong time.
- Unenlightened people.
I’m not okay with the rude treatment given to a member.
- No appreciation for thinking of them.
- No acknowledgement of effort.
- Just a blistering lecture with veiled threats.
Very inappropriate – and too harsh to write off to just a bad day.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…do interactions with you inspire members to pay their dues joyfully – or complain to the world?