Lynn Morton tagged me for the Gen-X meme.
- Started by Maddie Grant.
- Asks if Gen-Xers have sold out.
- (Yes, I’m a Gen-Xer.)
When first out of college I was a certified job- hopper.
- I had something like 10 jobs in just a few years.
- Fit was more important than sticking around.
- (Drove my parents CRAZY!)
I’m still dancing to the tune in my head.
- Owning my business makes a big difference.
- I have more control over how I play.
- (And it’s fun to see if my staff can keep up.)
Sure I got my MBA a few years ago.
- It was fascinating to interact with those dedicated to big corporations.
- Like studying an alternative life form.
- Biggest lesson beyond biz stuff – I am on the right path for me.
I’m still working on saving the world.
- My Lazy Leader Road Show is training leaders to help transform America.
- We are making the Chapter Leaders Playground membership free.
- We are gifting high-quality leadership development to the world – and still making a living.
I’ve made a point to not sell out.
- I like playing with the alternative points of view.
- Unplugging on weekends when I don’t have to travel.
- Living large with bright, red hair.
What about you?
Makes me think of chapter leaders…does your chapter still have an edge – or has it sold out and become a bland, interchangeable cog of the association machine?