I recently agreed to help out an organization.
- I’ve belonged for a while.
- It’s a strategic effort.
- Seemed like a good fit.
The process involves a series of gates.
- Part A must happen before Part B, etc.
- I’m Part B.
- We all committed to a timeline over a month ago.
Haven’t heard from Part A.
- Sent an email.
- Was told they got involved in other work stuff.
- This is now a lower priority.
The crunch is on.
- Part C is a hard deadline.
- It’s a meeting.
- No wiggle room.
- I expected at least two weeks to review materials.
- Instead I might get four days
- In an already busy week.
It’s not fair.
- My work will get a lot of exposure.
- The quality reflects on me professionally.
- I may take the hit for Part A’s crummy time management.
Feeling a tad grumpy.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…how do you manage the flow of volunteer work in your chapter?
Filed under: Savvy Leadership