Today I got a call.
- From a man named Angel.
- Perhaps that was a sign.
- The call was going to be out of this world?
- He launched into his pitch.
- His team was going to transform our government relations efforts.
I tried to stop him - he pressed on.
- They knew how to get members involved.
- Could build a grassroots team.
- And were ready to help me.
I talked loudly to get his attention.
- Told him I was not an association.
- His response?
- “Fine!” and then slammed the phone.
This call was bad on so many levels.
- He didn’t do research in advance.
- Didn’t ask me any questions.
- Assumed he knew the solution I needed.
Also didn’t realize I’m friends with the VP at his organization – bummer for him!
Makes me think of chapter leaders…Do you learn what prospective members specifically want before you start selling them on the value of membership?
Filed under: Recruiting New Members