This past week my world was stretched…
- The Lazy Leader Road Show was finally starting.
- About to leave for the airport.
- Got call Dad was on way to hospital.
I had no choice.
- I had to fly.
- I was worried about Dad.
- And needed a strong debut of the Road Show.
Before leaving, I mentioned something on Facebook about being torn.
- It took a few hours to get to Nashville.
- And then to the hotel in Murfreesboro.
- I was drained by conflicting emotions.
That night I checked into my Facebook page.
- Discovered several friends had made comments of support.
- And sent virtual hugs.
- I cried with the caring.
The virtual outreach was just what I needed.
- I didn’t feel so alone in the world.
- Others had walked in my shoes.
- Their comments touched my heart.
Until that day I didn’t get the power of the virtual hug.
- I saw Facebook friends share pain and losses.
- And often gave virtual hugs.
- Now I get the gift I was giving.
My Facebook friends helped me get through a tough week and shine as needed - in spite of everything going on in my life.
(Thank you friends…)
Makes me think of chapter leaders…which of your members need a virtual hug today?