Newspapers have struggled in Ann Arbor.
- The Detroit Free Press dropped to twice a week.
- The Ann Arbor News totally died.
- AnnArbor.com (replacement) is not my cup of tea.
The Ann Arbor Journal was a delightful discovery.
- Delivered once a week.
- For free.
- Interesting articles.
I was hooked.
- Thursday (delivery day) became my favorite day.
- Enjoyed greeting evening.
- Reading the Journal on my porch.
This past week that all changed.
- We didn’t get a Journal.
- In spite of looking in the bushes.
- And under the cars.
The implications of free were frustrating!
- I didn’t have a right to call and complain.
- No one would drive a replacement over.
- The free paper was a gift – not a commitment.
On Sunday I learned the rest of the story.
- James got home from Chicago.
- I complained about my missing paper.
- He told me he brought it in before he left. UGH!
Make me think of chapter leaders…Will anyone complain if your chapter disappears?
Filed under: Board challenges