Crowdsourcing is the sexy name.
- It’s simply old-fashioned polling.
- Vote on your favorites.
- Decide which person/idea/thing wins.
It picked up speed with reality shows.
- Vote for the best.
- Decide who leaves.
- (Like my one vote really matters.)
TV voting was okay.
- I chose to watch the show.
- Didn’t have to pick up the phone.
- It was a pretty non-invasive experience.
- Now crowdsourcing is everywhere.
- It’s the hottest new way.
- Vote today!
Examples from my inbox…
- Here are 10 things that might be on sale Saturday, vote for top 5.
- We are planning our magazine, vote for your favorite topics.
- And the almost hourly requests for votes for a week from multiple folks trying to be picked to speak at SXSW.
- My inbox overflows with requests to vote.
- The novelty of crowdsourcing is dying.
- (If not yet, soon.)
I need a vacation from crowdsourcing!
(Shall we vote on where I should go to relax?)
Makes me think of chapter leaders…how do you know when it’s time to shift gears with your members so your communications don’t become spam?