This weekend I finally saw the new Star Trek movie.
- James had been begging for a while.
- He loved it and I thought I would too.
- I was skeptical.
Basically Star Trek got a new life.
- It was the same Star Trek.
- And it wasn’t.
- Much more than just a remake.
More like a new chapter.
- New actors in classic roles.
- Guiding principles honored.
- And ability to go where they had never gone before.
James was right.
- The movie had me emotionally hooked within the first five minutes.
- And crying at the end.
- The in-between stuff was interesting too.
When the movie was over, I wanted more.
- Me, who was definitely NOT a Trekkie.
- Considered the original Star Trek outdated.
- And would rather watch paint dry.
With this new crew and updated world, I was sold.
Makes me think of chapter leaders…what would a little updating do for your chapter?