On Saturday I’m going to Canada.
- Not for political reasons.
- I’m attending an association leadership summit there.
- Have never been to Banff and can’t wait to see it!
I have one little issue with the trip…
- For some reason, crossing the border into another country makes me nervous.
- I’m not totally sure where it came from.
- As a child, living in Metro Detroit, we went to lunch in Canada a few times every year.
And still I get very nervous.
- I’ve spent the last week engaging my imagination.
- Practicing making it past the border officials.
- And easily on my way to Banff.
Some of the visions have been rather colorful.
- Being greeted with a red carpet and big band as I approach the border officer.
- Massive crowds of Canadians cheering as I walk into their country.
- Border officials begging me to come through their lane because I am so special.
I figured if I practiced enough in fun scenarios, real life should be easy as well.
- I seemed to always hold a piece of myself back with my visions of grandeur.
- The part of me that worried just a little.
- Keeping me on edge for the last several days.
Today I started my list of what I need to take on my trip.
- I’m three days in Banff and then speaking in DC before coming home.
- How much do I take?
- How different is the weather?
Just as I was about to launch into louder questions about the border, I found an email that arrived while I was in Chicago last weekend.
- It was a “what to expect” letter for the Canadian trip.
- I read the intro in Chicago and put in my read later pile.
- Today I read the entire thing – and was glad I did.
At the bottom of the email was a link to a letter to give the border officer showing I had permission to be there from the Canadian government.
- I have nothing to worry about!
- What a relief!
- Although some of the visions I played with would be really fun to experience…
What do you do when you feel a little anxious about something in your life – to help move you more towards joy?
This weekend, James and I met our friends for lunch.
- They were in town for the weekend.
- We went to a delicious Middle Eastern restaurant.
- Not too far from the airport for easy departure.
I ordered a salad with chicken shawarma on it.
- One of my favorites.
- (Shawarma is well-spiced meat placed on a spit and cooked over a grill for long hours.)
- The combination of the greens, the spicy meat and the dressing – yum.
Big flakes of spices covered the top of my salad.
- They tasted good going down.
- And periodically got caught in my throat.
- Causing me to cough up a storm.
In spite of the periodic coughing, we had a blast.
- Our friends live in DC and had never met James in person.
- We swapped stories and laughed a lot.
- The ladies did the team bathroom run after the meal.
When it was time to say farewell, big hugs all around.
- Promises to connect again soon.
- Filled with that great relaxed feeling after a good time.
I got in the car and looked in the mirror. ARGH!
- I had huge pieces of spices caught in my teeth!
- Heavy duty flakes that somehow I didn’t see on my last bathroom run.
- Looked like holes at the top of my teeth.
My old tapes kicked into gear, “What will they think of me?”
- Thankfully, I recognized the old voice and quickly shut it down.
- Those darn spices challenged me throughout lunch – nobody cared or perhaps even saw the few stuck in my gums.
- Plus, my friends were happy to see me – not inspecting my mouth for deviations!
How do you enjoy the spices of life and stay committed to your joy?
Are you ready to be more powerful?
- Feel confident in your skin?
- In your self?
- In the world?
That’s the kind of power you’ll be learning in the Powerful Woman Program.
- We are going to help you tap into your feminine power.
- Your world will become more juicy.
- And you’ll be more powerful at work – and in your life.
Feminine power is a delicious power that’s not often taught as a way of life.
- It’s about finding your joy.
- Knowing what your want.
- Having your voice heard in your world.
We will delve into what it means to be powerful internally – as well as the behaviors that get results at work.
- The class is one part video training.
- And the other part live group coaching sessions that last for 30 minutes and will leave you feeling on top of the world.
- We start the first session on Tuesday, January 17th at 2 PM Eastern.
Are you ready to be more powerful at work – and live your life more on YOUR terms?
- Let’s do it together!
- Sign up now.