Yesterday Scott Oser and I were interviewed by the lovely KiKi L’Italien on her show, Association Chat.
- Our topic: From Panicked to Productive.
- It’s a sneak peak of the program we are doing at the American Society of Association Executives next month.
- All three of us have found our way to a more mindful life as a secret to success.
The program is fast, fun and snappy.
- We share our experiences.
- Our mistakes.
- And what works for us.
Have you played the Gratitude Game before?
- It’s one of my favorite ways to raise energy.
- You can do it at home with friends and family.
- And at work with your team.
I explained how to play yesterday – and made every one play with me.
- KiKi and Scott had to share live.
- Listeners played via chat.
- It was amazing how fast everyone’s energy soared.
If you haven’t played before, you can check it out in our interview:
(I explain the Gratitude Game at 18:48)
How do you play the Gratitude Game in your life?
Just got home from our first independent improv show at Pointless Brewery.
- Independent as in without our teachers.
- Just four of us from class – calling our troupe Gladstoned.
- Pretending to be pros – in the making!
The time on stage flew.
- We got a few laughs.
- Got a little crazy.
- The guys even did a magical chant about snowballs.
Emily and I refused to be outdone.
- We stormed the stage.
- Shrieking as we took over.
- (Stealing the line from the guys!)
This what relief and exultation looks like when we were done.
- There’s a real high to doing three different sets of scenes for 20 minutes.
- Without any scripts.
- Based on the suggestions of people in the room.
I’m swinging from the chandeliers tonight!
- For my Ann Arbor friends, if you didn’t make it tonight, no worries.
- We’ve got our class show next Thursday, July 28th at 7 PM.
- You can catch us then at Pointless Brewery!
For all of you… how do you make time to celebrate and recognize the joy you are bringing in your life?
At least that’s the common rumor.
I’m not so sure for us.
I spent tonight practicing improv with my troupe.
- We were outside.
- On the roof of Zingerman’s Deli.
- Entertaining the stray couple who happened upon us.
We have our first show tomorrow as an amateur act.
- The troupe’s name is Gladstoned.
- (Any guesses how we came up with it?)
- I could try to claim it was part of my joy theme – but it wouldn’t be true.
At the last troupe BBQ we decided to enter the amateur show.
- We needed a troupe name.
- Couldn’t agree.
- So added a “d” to the end of the name of the street we were on – very scientific.
Yes, our big show is tomorrow.
- Our coaches helped prep us last night at class.
- We practiced tonight.
- Praying for tomorrow.
The show is at Pointless Brewery at 7:30 PM.
- If you are in the Ann Arbor area, would love to have your enthusiastic support.
- Tickets are only $5.
- If you can’t make it, please have a virtual drink for us!
How do you stretch your comfort zones until you giggle with joy – or at least a good case of nerves?